Friday, February 5, 2010

Coming Soon...THE DANCE

"Are we going to the dance?"
"Can we go to the dance now?"
"Is the dance today?"
"Is it time for the dance?"

No, I do not have teenage girls who are going to prom with the football captain. At least it wouldn't appear that way if you could look in a window of my house (but I'm glad you can't because that would be weird). My girls are preschoolers. There is no highschool football captain here. Just a beat-up ol' dad with bad knees and a couple of stinky brothers. But on Saturday afternoon my preschoolers and the beat-up dad will transform themselves into two little princesses and a knight in (Army Dress Blue)shining armor. The knight will help the princesses up onto (into) his big blue horse (can a Ram be equine for one night? use your imagination here) and whisk them away to the ball (father-daughter dance). The princesses are quite excited about this. I absolutely love that they get this memory with their dad. They will grow up knowing that they are Daddy's special little girls, that they are loved more than life, that they are truly special and worthy of only the best....just like I did. So, girls, the dance is still two days away, but your gowns are ready and I know you'll be the most beautiful princesses there...at least in your daddy's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment