Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thoughts on Moving....again

I sat down to clean out the pigsty office today 1.) because it really needed it and 2.) because we're going to be moving in a few months and I know how that tends to sneak up on me.  I figure getting organized now was my best course of action.  I want this move to go smoothly but I would also like to get at my computer without breaking my neck.  As I purged myself of my cluttering sin, I began to think about the up coming move.  So much is still in the air.  What size house/apartment will we get?  Will there be room enough for all our stuff?  Will we even get to go with Mr. Smartypants or will we get stuck here for weeks or months while he goes and we wait for housing?  Will I survive a 9 hour plane ride with 4 children?  Will my 4 children survive the 9 hour plane ride?  PCS moves are always hard on anyone.  But when you have to do them every 2 years and there are so many unanswered questions with each move, it can wear a woman down.  Today is one of those days.  I absolutely dread the thought of moving.  I know, I know...everyone in the world is jealous of my next location.  My most faithful Christian Army wife sisters struggle to not covet my next assignment.  But today, just today, I might be willing to trade places with them.  Ask me to trade tomorrow....not gonna happen.  But maybe, just for today,  I would like to stay where I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment