Thursday, August 19, 2010

Killer Deal

I managed a killer deal at the commissary yesterday.  Combining a "found sale" and coupons I knew I had at home, I was able to get two kinds of cereal for 49 cents and 24 cents a box.  That's one sweet deal.

I stopped by the commissary a few days ago for milk and walked past the "good deal" area of the store.  In two shopping baskets, right there in front of me were two things I knew my family would go nuts for.  Wheaties Fuel cereal and Kellogg's Toy Story 3 cereal each for 99 cents.  The store had 50cents of coupons for the Wheaties on a tear pad attached to the cart, which got me thinking....I probably had coupons for the Kellogg's cereal as well.  I decided to wait and check my coupon stash at home.  Boy am I glad I did.  I not only found a $1 off 2 Kellogg's cereals for the Toy Story 3, but I also found a 75 cents off 1 Wheaties making the Toy Story cereal 49 cents a box and the Wheaties 24 cents a box.  I walked out with 12 boxes of cereal for a little over $5 (we get charged a small surcharge because there is no mark up to cover overhead at the commissary).  Can't beat that with a stick.

Do you have an awesome "found" sale?  What good deals have you stumbled on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment