Tuesday, August 31, 2010

$100 a week....Part 2

Okay, so its grocery day again and I and determined to get our budget to about $100 per week.  Last time I didn't do so bad but there was the follow up with three more trips to the store for random things like eggs (who knew being so budget-wise would mean 7 dozen eggs...and no that's not a typo.  7 S-E-V-E-N.  Six people consumed (in various forms) 7 dozen eggs.  That's an egg a day per person if you're counting.  And we didn't eat eggs for breakfast every morning either.  Focus, Haley, focus.  Focus focus focus focus.  My grocery shopping...yes...  Anyway, today is grocery day and my list is looking suspiciously long.  I ran out of a lot of stuff over the course of the last two weeks.  I will be replenishing random things like pink syrup for the kids' milk (yes, I realize that is a luxury item/non-necessity in most homes, but you don't know the twins...there will be rioting).  I guess really the point is to average $100 per week, right?  Okay, so off I go with my list, my coupons, and my plan.  I'll check in later and let you know how it goes and what I learned this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment