Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another day goes by.....

So here are some updates for all of you who are wondering if I will ever deliver this baby.
1. No, I haven't had this baby yet. But the Good Lord knows I want to.
2. Gwen, my sweet child care provider for the impending delivery, has returned from the Land of Big Ears (aka Disney World, how jealous am I) and is available to take care of all my brats. We were able to hang out for a few minutes today at the park until the weather turned nasty and we all had to run for cover.
3. My mom returned home on Sunday, confident that after having walked all day Saturday with no results of labor, that I would not be having this baby before Gwen returned on Monday. And what a blessing it was for my sweet mama to go on home. Not because I don't want her here, but because she went to the doctor today with a sore throat and came out with Strep Throat. NOT what the Hawthorne clan needs at the moment. She is at home healing and hoping this baby doesn't come for several more days so she can be well enough to come greet him.
4. Went to a fabulous Bible study today with all my Army ladies. The topic was on submitting to authority. Not just our husbands, but any authority God puts us under. A great reminder for a hard-head like myself.
Now you know everything possible going on in my life, oh so exciting that it is. So I'll touch on another topic that is of great interest to me as of late....naturally inducing labor.
Some of you may want to turn off your computer or navigate away from my page, and I certainly don't blame you. For those of you who are curious, have been there, or hope to find yourself in my position in the future, I will go on. It's a topic that has been on my mind a lot lately (go figure). There are a million ways to naturally induce labor apparently. Walking comes highly recommended and if it doesn't work, well, you've gotten some exercise. Of course there is always every man's favorite technique, yes...sex. But I don't know many pregnant women who get this far and get excited about the thought of having sex at all. Sex isn't fun when you're miserable. There is always the bumpy truck ride, but again, that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun when an 8+ lb baby is sitting on your bladder. Forget worrying about the mess it would make if your water broke, worry instead about peeing everywhere. My aunt suggested a good dose of Caster Oil...eeewwwww I think I'll just stick it out, thank you. But a friend suggested something today, that had been suggested to her by a nurse: evening primose oil. Take two capsules at night and two in the morning. She had some left over from her own pregnancy and delivery so she shared. I plan to do a little research today, possibly start taking them tonight and I'll let you know if its anymore effective than anything else I've tried so far. I find that inducing labor is much like any other problem that doesn't really have a quick fix. Everyone out there has a different solution that they swear by. But, does it really work, or did they just happen to try it at the right time? Who knows, but we all keep trying to quick-fix our problems when sometimes, time is all it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment